WARRANTY PARTS and SERVICE PROCEDURE
In the unlikely event that a Refcon case requires warranty service work, please follow the procedure listed below.
- Contact Refcon at 201-750-5060, x-29 to verify that the factory warranty is in effect. You may wish to contact the dealer from which you purchased the equipment to see if the dealer provides their own warranties.
- Customers are free to choose any competent refrigeration service company. The Yellow Pages or Internet may be good sources. You may wish to contact the service company who installed your equipment for follow-up service. Prior to any warranty service being performed, the technician must contact Refcon to obtain a work authorization number for the anticipated service. No payments will be made without this prior authorization.
- Service contractor must contact Refcon Technical Service at 201-750-5060 x-29 and provide:
- Display Model Number (located on the data plate of the case)
- Display Serial Number (located on the data plate of the case)
- Nature of the failure
- Service Company information
- A Work Authorization Number will be given to the contractor if the work is covered by the Optional One Year Labor Warranty* (see below). Note: Refcon does not authorize any warranty overtime labor.
- Replacement parts identified as being required for the service by the contractor will be sent at no charge during the Parts Warranty** period.
- Refcon may ask that certain original parts, replaced under warranty, be returned to Refcon. An invoice for replacements parts will be sent. After receipt of the parts replaced, a credit memo for the invoice will be issued.
- Service contractor is to submit a service report, detailing the work done, and an invoice with Refcon's work authorization number to Refcon for processing.
- Warranty does not cover initial installation, start-up, normal adjustments, refrigerant recovery or repairs due to abuse, misapplication, improper installation, or any fragile items such as glass or granite.
* The Optional One Year Labor Warranty is available at an additional charge at the time of initial purchase of equipment.
**The Parts Warranty period is any time within one year from the shipment date of the equipment from the factory.